Serves 2-4. (Use organic and fresh ingredients whenever possible.)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2+ onion; sliced into thin rings
- 1 c. sliced crimini mushrooms*
- 1-2 carrots; washed and shaved into long ribbons using vegetable peeler
- 2 zucchinis; washed and shaved into long ribbons using vegetable peeler (discard seeds and core; or save in fridge and add to soups or stews)
- 2-6 cloves garlic; minced (optional)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 jar (~25 oz.) favorite tomato-based sauce (ie. Trader Joe's Organic Tomato Basil Marinara)
*Health tip: Place mushrooms in the sun for an hour before using to significantly increase vitamin D content.
Ayurveda Note: Warm and lightly cooked foods help pacify Vata.