Mix up a big batch of this wholesome granola and have it available all week for sprinkling on yogurt, blending into smoothies, or preparing like traditional oatmeal. Personally, I like stirring a tablespoon of my favorite crunchy peanut butter (Safeway's O brand) into a 1/3 cup of granola and snacking on it when I need to feel grounded and really full.
- 3 c. gluten-free rolled oats; toasted (ie. Trader Joe's Gluten-free, non-GMO rolled oats)
- 1 c. slivered or sliced almonds; lightly toasted
- 1/2 c. white (or black, or a combination of both) sesame seeds; lightly toasted
- 3/4 c. shredded coconut; lightly toasted
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 3/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon (or Cassia cinnamon)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
In dry skillet, toast oats until golden brown. Pour toasted oats into a large mixing bowl. In same skillet, toast almonds next, then place with oats. Finally, toast shredded coconut and sesame seeds together (watch them carefully as they will brown in just a minute or two) and add them to oats-almonds mixture. Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and gently stir together until well blended. Once cool, store in airtight container (flax seed can turn rancid quickly, so store granola in refrigerator unless you opt not to include the ground flax seed). Will store well for several weeks.